20 January 2014

Healthy Living, It's still happening.

Nutrisystem week one is complete.  My doctor wanted me to try it, because a) I need to lose weight and b) my cholesterol is borderline high.  "B" is not a surprise, thanks to my wonderful genetics.  

It's really not a bad program.  I'm actually down five pounds after one week* You get a pre-prepared breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert/snack each day.  Along with that, you can have 4+ servings of veggies, two "powerfuels," which are essentially a protein or a dairy, and two "smartcarbs."  Also, I get to drink A LOT of water a day.  Basically I pee all day amounts of water.  They also want you to do 30 minutes of exercise at least five days a week.  That one hasn't been difficult.  I had already started in on my exercise commitment for the year.  

I did bite off more than I could chew, though.  I tried to start nutrisystem, exercising, and an ab plan all at once.  It was just a little too much for me.  So the ab plan is on hold.  But I'll add that back in once I get settled in Phoenix for the month.  

Another amazing thing is that after this week, I have three rotations left!  I think I mentioned this on my last post, but I'm still super excited.  Things are really wrapping up.  Three rotations left.  Boards are all passed.  Written case presentation is turned in.  All that's left is a bunch of graduation odds and ends and ensuring that my evaluations are in.  Crazy!!  

I realize that this is short and sweet, but it's all I've got right now.  







*Haha I think this sounds like a commercial for nutrisystem.  I should mention something like "results not typical." Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment