11 February 2010

Books and Birthdays!

So first off, I'm old now.  22.  It's like 21 was a cool year because of drinking and everything and 22 just sucks.  I'm like a real adult now anyway, so everything is just made worse as I get older.
But on the other hand I got some good gifties!  I got my cool coat and video game I'd been wanting as well as the Glee Season 1 DVD, the new Train CD, another game and a guitar strap (which is actually from Christmas).  

I've recently been on a reading fetish.  I mean if I'm going to be sitting around and doing nothing I might as well be enriching my mind.  For instance, I've decided that I should try and keep up on my learning for med school.  So I've been working on learning the Citric Acid (Krebs) Cycle.  I haven't gotten very far, but I've at least got a start on it.  



Today, however, the movie Ella Enchanted was on ABC Family, so I sat down to watch a little bit of it.  The book is one of my favorites from when I was little, so I decided that I wanted to read it, but then I couldn't find it!  I was so sad because not only is it easy peasy to read, but it's cute and endearing and I just like it!

Then, I discovered that the author, Gail Carson Levine, has written several other books since she wrote Ella Enchanted.  One of them, entitled Fairest, is set in the same world as Ella Enchanted, so I decided to look it up.  Sure enough, the St. Louis County Library has a copy!  Naturally I requested it and am now excited to read it.  I'm curious to see whether or not it's a sequal or just in the same world.  Either way, I'm excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment