11 August 2010

Apparently it is August 11th.

Well well well.  Today I just realized that it's August 11th.  And that I move on 14th.  At the latest.  

Then I had this realization while I was driving that I'm going to really have to be an adult in a week and a half.  Eek!  I also haven't taken a test in a few weeks.  Or months.  I have done some random studying here and there, but all in all I'm out of the school mindset.  However, I do think this is going to be a good thing in the long run.  My mind is completely rested and I'm actually caught up on sleep so I think that I'm just going to jump gung-ho into med school.  Where I'm going to have to study.  A lot.

The other thing that I've been thinking about is how nervous I am!  I mean from reading on our facebook group a lot of my classmates have experience as EMT's, Medical Assistants, etc.  I have hospital experience, but I can't start an IV or anything like that.  I'm sure that there will be other people who have little or no experience, but I hate to start out behind everyone else.  But, I've decided that I'm going to just go in with an open and optimistic mind and that I'll get through no problem.  And I'm sure that the school is prepared for people who have no experience, I mean isn't that the point of our training and paying lots of money to go to school?

Despite my jitters and nerves though, I know that I have support coming from all over.  I really have a great family and great friends, so I'll definitely be watched over.  And I am truly thankful for that.  I'm sure that these feelings are normal and I am also sure that I will be ready when school starts.  

Which is August 20th!

2 comments:

  1. doctors don't need to know how to start IV's...that's what nurses are for. do they actually teach that in med school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We did that this past week...I got it on the first try!

    ReplyDelete