13 July 2010

You gotta have heart!

Recently, I've been a little down in the dumps.  My family being here was a little overwhelming and I'm just trying to get through work.  (I only have a few weeks left!) 

I'm thinking that going away again will help some of this out.  I love my parents, but after having to mostly rely on them for the first few months of the year and then still being home since then, I'm ready to move back to school.  

I also had to cut back on my exercise regiment a little bit.  After gradually starting to increase my lap numbers/strength training in the pool, I noticed that my ankle was giving me some grief.  After some intense motrin regimentation we've come to the conclusion that I probably tweaked some ligament or tendon in the ankle, and since I do not (physically) remember how my foot should feel anymore, this is not surprising.  Apparently my exercise really does help me.  It not only was/is keeping me healthy, but it does that little thing known as giving endorphins.  They really do help!  I promise!


Here's my plan for the next few days:

1)  Re-start swimming and get ankle to feeling better.
2)  Get together a final "here's what I need for school" list.
3)  Get room clean again.


I think that these things can definitely be managed.  I think that I just forgot that I "gotta have heart."  And I'm positive that they will help me!  I just need to smile.

Smile, though your heart is aching,
Smile, even though it's breaking.
When there are clouds in the sky-
You'll get by.
If you smile through your fear and sorrow,
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through
For you.
Light up your face with gladness,
Hide every trace of sadness.
Although a tear may be ever so near,
That's the time you must keep on trying,
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile
~Charlie Chaplin

No comments:

Post a Comment