11 January 2011

Thanks for the Book, Dr. Schulte

Let me begin by saying that I am watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  Sometimes I wonder how these movies are so addicting and then I remember that HP is amazing.

So it's the new year.  Today is 1/11/11.  Which means that in ten short months it will be 11/11/11!!

Anyways, Happy New Year!! I'm not setting too many resolutions.  Mainly I want to pass Medical School and live healthier.  I think those are manageable. 

School is a little crazy right now.  The whole block testing deal was okay, but it's leaving me exhausted.  It seems that all I have time for anymore is studying!! Hopefully that will mean that in the long run, I will know everything that I need for the boards, but at this point I kind of wish it was Spring Break.  And that's not for another 8 and 1/2 weeks.  I'm not counting down or anything. 

The worst of all right now is the cardiac physiology that we're learning.  I knew that it was going to be difficult.  However, it's crazy!  There are so many things going on at once, in less than a one second interval.  Bah!  Who knew that three ions could be doing three different things and some electric impulses would be going on as well as the physical mechanics? Well, the notes hadn't been helping too much.  I can understand them, but they're hard to follow!  And of course, the phys professors told us not to worry about buying the "required" book for the class.  Which brings me to my (strange) title of this blog entry.

I have some other science books besides the ones that I need for medical school.  I.e. "important" books from my undergrad with very interesting titles such as Biology, Developmental Biology and even Cellular and Molecular Biology.  So one book I have is from my "Uncle," who works for a medial publishing company (it's and Anatomy and Physiology book).  I looked at the cardiac part, and it wasn't great.  So I pulled out my Human Physiology book from undergrad.  Everyone else in undergrad had just a Physiology book (including animals), but George Schulte didn't like it, so he required this Human Phys book.  I looked in it, and the cardiac cycle made sense!  So, even though Schulte was a little crazy and his class a little random...the book is great.  So thanks, Schulte! I knew I'd get something good out of that class!!

Haha so now everyone can see how exhilerating my life is, when a book from undergrad excites me.  

The other exciting thing right now is that Kirksville got like 8 inches of snow yesterday!! It's so pretty.  If only K-vegas would remember how to clean the streets...


Here's some of what we need to know for phys right now...only it's missing the ions. 

1 comment:

  1. 1. Harry is amazing.
    2. I don't understand a lick of that science stuff.
    3. Yes, I just said "a lick".
    4. I hate snow. I told Taylor I was moving to Florida or Arizona. Anywhere where it doesn't snow.
    5. I MISS YOUUUU!

    ReplyDelete