21 July 2011

Well hello there blog...

Maybe I'll try and get back into blogging.  It is a good release, after all.  So I'll sum up each previous month.  Or something like that!

1.  January.
Nothing really exciting happened.  I got back into a good work out routine, only to discover that my tibia and fibula on the bad leg had reseparated due to some interosseous membrane tearing.  This lead to more surgery.  NOT EVEN KIDDING.

2.  February.
Well the first thing in February was the fixation/redo of the ankle problems.  Literally.  Because this happened on February first at about 9 o'clock a.m.  At about 10 o'clock a.m. it started to snow.  And it kept snowing.  The nurses in the hospital, at which I had to spend the night due to some bad nausea that was ensuing, were kind enough to open my blinds so that I could watch the snow fall down.  All 20 inches of it!! That's the most snow that I have ever seen!  And the next exciting thing to happen was school was cancelled the next day! So I didn't miss that much work.  
The rest of February was pretty uneventful.  I turned 23.  I studied.  Yup that's pretty much it.

3.  March.
March brought (somewhat) warmer weather and with that spring break.  My mother and I went to Disney World, even though I was on crutches.  Mom actually pushed me around the parks. We had a lot of fun though!! It was around 85 or 90 degrees and sunny the entire time we were there! After Disney, I had to go back to school...but I got to get my pins removed.  This time they even let me keep the pins! Which is pretty awesome.

This is me at Cinderella's fountain.  She is my favorite princess, and I think this is one of my favorite pictures from the trip.  And there's the crutches to prove that I brought them to Disney.  And yes, Disney workers, I can transfer from the wheelchair to the ride.  That's why I brought the crutches.


4.  April.
April really brought spring weather.  Yes, there were still some cold-ish days, but I was finally able to wear some warmer clothes. I got to go home for Easter time.  Which was a really nice break.  Even though we do that crazy block testing now at school, Easter fell during week two of the block, so I didn't have to study too much.  Other than that, I think that April was relatively uneventful.  There was some more studying that occurred.  As always.

5.  May.
May brought a wedding to the Majchrzak family!  Okay, it wasn't mine - it was my cousin Katie's wedding.  She was a beautiful bride, and it was nice to get out of Kirksville for a weekend/it was the same weekend as Mother's Day so I got to see my mom!  Fun stuff.  Then, we had the epic end of the first school year.  There was another finals week, and then our OMS-I testing and some other cool stuff.  And then the year was over and I did not fail out!  Which was great!

This is my cousin Katie (the bride), her sister, my cousin Chrissie (the maid of honor) and me (a bridesmaid).  We had tons of fun!


6.  June
June brought my two week preceptorship.  I got to work closely with a doctor for two weeks and this was an eye opening experience for me.  My preceptor's practice was in a lower-income area, and when I saw how much they did for their patients, I was truly amazed.  
I did get to have some fun in June.  One of my very good friends growing up got married, and then wedding was a good time!  My father and I went to King's Island, OH and rode a bunch of roller coasters.  This was the second awesome theme park in two years.  Then, I went to visit my brother in the D.C. and Baltimore area.  We went to a Cardinals/Orioles game, and toured around the various Smithsonians and other touristy things.  Finally, I went to Kansas City with my mom to see my cousin graduate from her Family Practice Residency program.  I just kept telling myself...six more years.  Heehee.

This was my favorite ride in King's Island, "The Beast."  It is the world's longest and fastest wooden roller coaster, at 7500 feet and I think close to 75 mph.  AWESOME.
My brother and I parked illegaly to visit this cool place.  Enough said.


7.  July.
Sure some cool stuff has happened so far.  Like moving to my new apartment and getting a new backpack.  And bumming around St. Louis doing cool things.
HOWEVER...something very very very very epic happened.  It involved going to a Midnight Movie Release with the awesome Whitney Cordray.  And watching the final Harry Potter Movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  And I may have seen it 3 times total in the weekend of its release.
Whitney coined this phrase (and made t-shirts): 7 books, 8 movies, 10+ years, 1 ending childhood.  This sums up more than one could possibly imagine.

I think this sums up everything so far.  If you made it through the whole post, YOU ARE AWESOME. 

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment