31 July 2011

I probably will never be a Neurologist.

Week 1 of quarter 4 is finished.  Finite.  Fin.  Whatever you want.

We are continuing our OTM and DO classes (as always) as well as Pathology and Neuroscience.  We have also picked up Human Nutrition, Pharmacology and Principles of Medicine, the latter of which starts tomorrow.  
Our DO course is actually over, basically.  We have two lectures in a few weeks but it's not testable material.  Oh well I didn't really understand the Epidemiology stuff, I just pretended too.  Oops.  OTM has been relatively interesting as have Path and Pharm (we like to shorten things down...all those -ologies get to be a burden!

My problem is Neuroscience.  I can't bring myself to like it.  We're starting into more clinical applications of it here, so I'm trying to keep an open mind.  But one can only hear so much about the Subthamalic nuclei, Cerebellum, Vestibulospinal tracts**...aka the list goes on and on.  And on.  So I'm sorry for complaining but I needed a little whiny time.  Which is probably not very grown up of me, but that's okay. 

Here's what I wished we needed to learn...sorry that the words are off, it's not my video.


Oh and just in case you didn't peice this together, week 2 starts tomorrow.  I'll try to give updates of fun things that I may or may not be doing.


**I've linked these to the Wikipedia sites.  That is, after all where a good basis of my knowledge comes from.  Scary, huh? And a for my favorite neurological disorder yet, click here





This color was the choice of Whitney Cordray.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, Abby and I used to watch The Babysitter's Club alllllll the freaking time.

    And yes, I did just say "dude".

    ReplyDelete