11 July 2010

Waiting for life.

It's been a while since I've updated this dealio.  So here we go.

The family came and went.  That was a crazy week and a half.  You know that saying "It's great to see the cousins go, but it's better to see the family leave?"  Well, I'm not sure that it's entirely true, but I think there's a point to that.  For ten days we had a variety of people in and out of our house.  Which was fun.  Of course we ate horribly for the whole week, which was not so fun.  But, I did get to see my youngest cousin (he's 8) who I haven't seen in a few years, and it's neat to see him now, because he's like a real little person.  And he's as sharp as a knife, which made him very whitty and entertaining.

Beyond actually seeing them, we did get to do some fun things.  We had the actual reunion, which was crazy.  It also taught me how important my dental hygiene is, as many of my family are missing teeth.  We also went shopping, to see that new Twilight movie and bowling.  It was a lot of craziness.  Oh and we had Ted Drewes' pretty much every night.  That's not healthy.

After the family left I've just kind of been relaxing around St. Louis.  I'm working, but I kind of have been giving away shifts left and right, because I hate my job right now.  Actually, I think I've mentionned this before...but it's most of the people, not the job.  I enjoy most of the patients and most of the work.  The idiots who don't know what they're doing and complain about little things like lunch time or why they have to work in a certain location are the ones that I hate.  There will be people that I miss.  And I'm going to visit them.  The others, not so much.

I'm very much ready for school right now.  I've been hitting up my Netter's Anatomy and Physiology Flashcards hard recently, and I'm getting more and more excited about starting school.  I was with one of my friends last night who is going to school with me in the fall and we both had the same conclusion:  that school needs to start soon.  I like being home and doing nothing/slaving away at my workplace, but I'm ready to start up again, and I guess it'll be a little bit like being an adult.  We were talking about how busy we are going to be and how we aren't going to get any sleep.  However, I've decided that I'm ready.  I often do well on little sleep.  So medical school, Bring It.

That's pretty much it right now.   I'm just biding my time.  I've got a little bit of shopping to do here and there, but other than that, I'm just waiting.  Waiting for school, waiting to move out and waiting for life to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment