22 April 2010

I'm glad I didn't grow up in the 1970s...

So, I just went and saw The Runaways.  



It was pretty good, and even KStew kind of did a good job.  Although in the scene when she was supposed to be mad, there really wasn't much emotion.  Surprise surprise.  

DFan, however, did a pretty good job as a drug addict and alcoholic.

But for reals:
1.  The Hair.  Not so cool.  I know the rocked the mullets and stuff, but mullets, "Farrah Bangs" and extremely long straight hair = not so cool.  Well I guess it was at the time, but I don't think I could rock that look.

2.  The Clothes.  Really, no offense mom and dad, but what were people thinking?  (And in that end scene where KStew is wearing a hot pink jacket circa early 1980's, what's with the shoulderpads?)

3.  The Shoes.  They're sweet and all.  
But who would really wear six inch platforms?  

As I'm putting together this list, I think I just came to the conclusion that the 1970's were actually pretty cool.  But, go see the movie and decide for yourself.


Side Note:
This is what I've been doing with my spare time and I'm desperately going to miss this.  I mean having down time.  I've seen lots of movies and read several books.  And I feel that in medical school this will not happen.
  
My next step for my spare time is to work on my emotional life.  It's kind of all over the place here.  Hopefully something can be done about that.



And here's the real Runaways.  And they actually wore copies of these outfits in the movie.  Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment