06 May 2010

Lose It!

So...

I need to lose some weight.  

I really need to lose 20 pounds, but my goal is 50.  That would put me at the weight that I was when I was 14, and as I only grew two inches after eighth grade, I shouldn't weigh 50 pounds more.  

It's a long goal and a long way away, but I know I can do it.  The first step I made was to find something to track my food.  Apparently the best way to lose weight (besides adding exercise) is to track what you eat.  It seems that one is more honest this way.  Unfortunately for me, I hate writing/keeping journals/etc.  So I have this fancy iPod touch and I did a search-a-roo.  As weight watchers costs money, I found this app called "Lose It!"  which is also linked to a website of the same name.  It allows me to track my food as well as key in exercise.

As for exercise, that's why I've joined the YMCA.  Well, originally it was for ankle rehab.  But now I'm going to keep it up.  So that includes going five days a week and getting up in the morning to do it.  If I don't get up and go before work, I know that I won't go.  Because I'm pretty lazy after eight hours of work.  And then on the days of the week when I'm not scheduled to work in the morning or at all, I'm going to swim.

So, these are my plans.  

However, I also have some goals.  Because, let's be honest I like bribery.  It starts small like a water bottle that I've wanted for a while.  Then I get a little bigger with some shoes and such.

Here's to getting healthy. 


And as a side note...I really like wearing my hair in a braid right now.  And it's almost long enough to do so in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment