27 January 2010

College Cleaning Time!

I'm bored.

My friends have been great about coming to see me when they can, but it sucks staying home most of the time.  My cousin is pregnant right now and on bed rest, so I'm sure she feels as bored as I do, and I at least get to move around.

On the upside, I have gotten a lot organized over the last few days.  My mother, who I am eternally in debt too now, has been good at helping me do this.

Monday we went through my clothes and got rid of a ton of stuff.  I actually gave away some of my Rosati stuff, and to a Rosati girl of course, who was very grateful to get it.  I'm just glad that it got passed on to someone who can use it!  Now I actually have some drawer space available.

Yesterday we went through the bookcase that my dad built for me.  The bottom shelf has lots of school books on it and the top shelf had almost all of my college notes.  I didn't keep the notes, but I sure as hell kept the books, and the science books are still here, and they'll come to KCOM with me.  My tall and skinny bookshelf has mostly books in it, but the bottom two shelves has old CD cases and CDS on it.  So my mom suggested putting cases in a tub somewhere, which I for one think is a great idea.  Then I can add the rest of my books to the shelves and probably even put them in alphabetical order, which is pretty much what I live for.

Today, I went through my stuff that was on my desk at school.  I through lots of dead markers and 3/4 of the way used pads of paper and stuff.  Tomorrow I have decided that I'm going to try and go through the rest of the "crap buckets" I have around my room - there are five of them and a "crap drawer" - and so I'll see what I can throw away.  I'm not sure that I'll be able to clean out the drawer because it's in my closet and I currently have a difficult time maneuvering in my closet.

For a final cute little story, I had some various High School Musical things from college, which I donated to my mother's good behavior drawer in her classroom.  Not only did they become high ticket items, but there was a brew-ha-ha over the pencil case (with pencils in it, no less!)  One little first grade girl picked it out of the drawer, and a little bit later another little first grade girl told her that it was hers!  The first little girl then told my mother that she HAD to give it to the second little girl!  Oh my, quite the drama in first grade today!

Oh and there was a little bit of snow this afternoon!  It looked quite pretty!!

Tout a l'heure!

1 comment:

  1. Way to cause drama in the first grade. With all your HSM schtuff.

    And remember when you organized my room? Yeah, that stay that way long...

    ReplyDelete