30 March 2010

Gosh, I'm bored.

So, as everyone knows, I've had a broken leg for a while.  Well since I just had surgery a few days ago, I have yet to be cleared to transport so I'm only working a few days a week still.  I decided that I needed something to do.

I have this really neat friend named Whitney, and she's a fibers major.  One time we even sewed her halloween costume together.  It didn't really turn out well.

As one can see, it's kind of grungy.  And the "boot" that she wore made it awesome.  I copped out this year and wore a costume that I already had.  I know.  Lame.

Well anyways, I can sew well, if I want to.  So I decided to make something.  I did some searching around and have decided on a rag quilt.  Rag quilts are cool in that they really don't involve any hemming or anything.  You actually even sew the wrong sides of the fabric to each other.  Since there is little hemming, this is definitely something that I can do.  And I chose really cute fabric that is pink and yellow.

In my endless search to do things before I get to medical school because I know that I will not have time, I guess that making a quilt will do.  Maybe I'll even try to make my own halloween costume or something, before school starts in August.  We shall see.

Oh and for anyone who reads this, which I don't think is many, here's the website that I got the info from. Rag Quilt Instructions.  Enjoy it, if you like.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhahaha That boot was awesome. Admit it.

    Have fun with your rag quilt.

    ReplyDelete