28 December 2009

I must not tell lies.

Well, well I have two things of interest today.

The first just happens to do with Harry Potter (as most of my days/posts seem to)!! So I received Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for Christmas. Having an inkling that I was getting it at Christmas, I decided to watch the other movies and currently am finishing up the Order of the Phoenix. However, after watching Prisoner of Azkaban, I decided to re-read the book, because I couldn't remember some of the specifics from the book, and that's very very annoying to me. So today at work, I was reading the book between phone calls from nurses and complaints from workers - talk about ridiculous - and I came to a realization that I had a long time ago and forgot about: the books are TEN times better than the movies. Just sayin.' And I'm not one of those people that hates the movies, I enjoy to see the visualizations that the directors/producers/J.K. come up with. Anyway, the books are great and are the real reason that I love this series of books. And it's not a "saga," like Twilight, it's a real series. So much more legit.

So there's the first order of business. The second order of business happens to deal with my ongoing injury.

I met with my new Orthopedic Surgeon today, Dr. Sigmund. The first thing that they did was take out my staples, which fortunately did not hurt as much as I thought it would, it was just like a little pinch or something. Then they took me to take X-rays, and Dr. Sigmund looked at them and then I received some bad news. I have to have surgery again. Blech. This has nothing to do with bad work from my first orthopedist, Dr. Bailey. He did everything correct, just my Tibia is not setting correctly, as the doctors would have hoped for and assumed. As Dr. Sigmund put it, I just had "bad luck." Pretty bad luck considering that I'm having surgery again and probably on Thursday. I was thus put on a no work order and am waiting for a call from the doctor's office tomorrow about when the surgery will be. On the upside, it will just be a little outpatient procedure and I may get a cast...probably not so I'm not trying to get my hopes up. But I'm sure that whatever happens it'll be for the best.

Gosh, I've been rambling on about my problems. I'm just so lucky to have the family that I do. My parents do not have to drive me around; they could just make me sit at home and do nothing all day long, but they help me as much as possible. So, here's to them...my mom and dad, for doing all that they can to help me!!

I'm just hoping for a successful surgery now!!!



On a side note - my new Scentbug works really well and smells quite good. That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment